- The tournament will be a 5 round Swiss tournament
- Time control is 30/30
- It is only available for U8 and U10 players – 2 separate sections
- U8 must be born after 1 January 2013 and can play in either section. Eligibility for U10 is birthday in
2011 or 2012.
- 1st round Starts at 9.00am
- All accepted players must be logged in no later than 8.45am
- Players must not log out of the tournament and must be committed to play all 5 rounds.
- Players must not get aid of any sort – we expect fair play from all players and to use their own ability.
- Tournament will not be rated as per Chess SA regulations
- Entry closing date: 26th April 2020 @ 18h00.
- Entry is free
- Matches will be played using Chess.com
- Before the tournament starts, you need to Sign up with Chess.com. If you are new, choose Sign up,
choose a ‘user name’ and complete the other 3 fields. Once in the Chess.com web site, you also need to be a member of the “Johannesburg Metro Chess”. Choose Connect (on left hand side), Clubs and select Johannesburg Metro Chess. Request to become a member of “Johannesburg Metro Chess” on chess.com